Monday June 24th I spoke before the Board to voice my opinion on their wanting to purchase over priced iPads for THEMSELVES, tiny village trustees and president, on the tax payer's backs to "read an email".
- iPads are NOT the piece of equipment you buy to "read email", the Union Grove ordinances which are on www.uniongrove.net for all to see, and a meeting agenda! A $150 netbook is even TOO much "technology" for that!
- We have one trustee for every 800 and some residents, total overkill compared to surrounding communities.
- I called 15 surrounded communities and not ONE provides their boards with ANY electronics.
- A community they were "comparing" us to (Muskego) has a per-capita average income DOUBLE that of Union Grove.
- I also pointed out that last year I sat there listening to them ALL complain about Governor Walker and his "cuts", yet they want personal iPads! This is unbelievable to me.
In this meeting, the clerk said "you KNOW what this GOVERNOR is doing", she was referring to open records requests which is actually REALLY funny as she is obviously very uninformed as it's HER SIDE doing all the open record requesting of Walker. Whatever, this VERY FAR LEFT board does NOT represent Union Grove, we always vote more conservative, yet are "represented" by far left agendas. I left after I spoke and was later informed the board voted TO BUY IPADS FOR THEMSELVES.
Union Grove Village Board says "I VOTE ME!"
Union Grove Village Board says "I VOTE ME!"
Their less than part-time positions of Trustee "representing" a village of 4,900 gives them a $5,100 salary, buy your OWN stupid iPad!
I will fill this blog with many details.
Right now I am currently on "day 2" waiting for a response to 2 Open Records Requests.
#1 - I requested the NUMBER of emails that each Trustee has received to their UnionGrove.net email since January 1, 2012
#2 - I requested any emails sent or received from all trustee emails and the president, containing the word "iPad".
Should we take bets on when/if I receive my information? I really want that request before I continue this blog.
I would also like your ideas on HOW I can find out that not a SINGLE song, picture, video, game, app, etc is every downloaded on the VILLAGE OWNED IPADS.
This WILL be continued......................
- July 10, 2012 - UPDATE: 2 weeks, no acknowledgement of my 2 open records requests.
- July 21, 2012 - UPDATE: Still no acknowledgement of my 2 open records requests, delivered them in person on July 19th as advised. This is NOT done.
- Apparently, iPads are not enough for this greedy board. They now want the taxpayers to pay for mobile service $30-$50 per month PER board member, free Wi-Fi or their home service is NOT good enough for the huge board representing the approximately 1,200 households in this small village. They MUST connect for Angry Birds 24/7 on the taxpayer dime.
- Meeting minutes on the VOTE for iPadding themselves:
- Agenda for July 23rd when they will vote YES to SUCK the taxpayers again by giving them service to read those 2 emails a year
- Before the spring election in 2011 I had a LONG discussion with then candidate TERESA HOLM who ASSURED me of her fiscal conservative beliefs and she PROMISED me she would be voting as such. She is nothing short of a complete FRAUD. VOTES YES on every single spend spend spend issue in this Village. RON BOGARD and TIM MALLACH both signed the RECALLS OF WALKER AND WANGGAARD but both ALSO voted NO on the iPads, just an FYI for the readers. I find this all very interesting.
What we deal with. I'm not done with this, but wanted to share the response. I sat in a board meeting where the excuse to purchase iPads for the board was due to "OPEN RECORDS REQUESTS". Yet according the the Village of Union Grove, THEY don't have to deal with silly little things like that.
- August 9th, 2012 - UPDATE: My response was hand-delivered
- August 10th, 2012 I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Union Grove Board attend this!
Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen to Host Upcoming, Annual Seminars on Public Records and Open Meetings Laws
Friday, August 10, 2012
MADISON — Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen invites the public and government officials to “save the date” to attend upcoming Department of Justice seminars on the public records and open meetings laws.
Online registration will begin at the Department of Justice website (http://www.doj.state.wi.us/) the first week of September. It's recommended anyone who is interested in the free, three-hour seminars with assistant attorneys general register early because space will be limited.
The live programs will be held October 4th at Carroll University in Waukesha, and October 15th at the Fitchburg Public Library in Fitchburg, and a webinar is scheduled for October 17th. A webinar is an interactive audio-visual presentation viewed live over the Internet from the participant's personal computer.
Registration information for the live programs and more information about how to connect to the webinar will follow as the program dates approach.